Below is a summary of our Medical Billing Internship. Please check the “Current Openings” section to see when the next internship start date is, which typically occurs every 6 weeks.
*** THIS IS AN UNPAID LEARNING INTERNSHIP POSITION***
Have you taken medical billing courses and can’t seem to get your career started because you don’t have experience? Are you currently taking courses and need experience to graduate? Was the last time you did medical billing 5 years ago? Do you have some billing experience and need to hone your skills?
Universal Financial Systems offers this internship as a great learning opportunity for individuals that have recently graduated with a billing education and are looking for hands-on experience.
UFS is 3rd-party medical billing company that works with many different practices, varying in specialty, size, and software! We work with a number of difference colleges and trade schools as part of their externship program, where students can earn credits toward their graduation. We also work with graduates that simply need experience or a refresher.
WHO QUALIFIES FOR THIS INTERNSHIP?
- Graduates of medical billing programs
- Current students of medical billing programs
- Current students of medical billing programs who need externship credits
- Candidates who have had hands-on experience with medical billing at some point
- You must understand the fundamentals of medical billing
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Create and code (ICD-10) medical billing claims for various clients across multiple software platforms
- Work initial claims, denials, and appeals as necessary
- Work AR
- Work directly with insurance companies, healthcare providers, and patients to get claims processed and paid
- Verify patient insurance coverage and eligibility
- Process claims both digitally and by paper
- Process ERAs and apply insurance and patient payments to accounts
WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF THIS INTERNSHIP:
- Advanced billing training and education
- Hands-On billing with real claims and clients
- The experience of working in a real billing environment
- Work side-by-side with an experienced professional biller
UPON COMPLETION OF THE PROGRAM:
- You may add UFS to your Resume
- You may user UFS as a Referral
- You will receive a Certificate of Completion
- You will receive a Letter of Recommendation
INTERNSHIP TIME / DATE / LOCATION:
- Internship Term: 6-8 weeks (Must complete 240 hours)
- Internship Hours: 9am-5pm, M-F
- Location: Chino Hills (must be in-person, no remote)
Please send us a telephone number and time where we can call you to set up the interview and give you additional details about the internship. We traditionally start with a quick telephone interview and then invite you to visit us for a quick face-to-face with our internship coordinator.
This is an on-site opportunity – Sorry, you cannot do this internship remotely.
*** This is an internship learning position ***[caldera_form id=”CF5c87ffa238246″]